At Cynnovative, we leverage machine learning, computer science, and software engineering to address high-impact problems in the cyber domain, specifically those which are critical to U.S. national security. We primarily extend fundamental research to invent, design, develop, and deploy prototype solutions that support persistent problems in this domain.
Autonomy engineers at Cynnovative play a key role in our integrated, multi-disciplinary teams, providing autonomy and planning support as well as development, integration, and testing. As an autonomy engineer, you will apply methods ranging from basic search algorithms to state-of-the art autonomy techniques to cutting-edge research to protect people, networks, and devices from cyber threats. While Cynnovative’s research is broadly defined, you can anticipate frequent opportunities to gain domain expertise in a cyber or maritime related field during the course of normal duties.
This is a research and development role. The ideal candidate is experienced with reading, understanding, and leveraging academic research across multiple domains in order to generate novel concepts and prototypes. Because Cynnovative interfaces with operational users and aspires to create practical solutions, the ideal candidate is similarly comfortable developing and deploying prototypes while addressing the practical issues inherent in operational scenarios. As a growing company, Cynnovative offers many leadership opportunities, including as principal investigators of future projects.
- Work on cutting-edge research and development projects
- Work with a large team (8-9 people) for a new program, where you will help the PI to run individual areas of the program
- Design and develop prototype software
- Receive and incorporate feedback from end users, field tests, and exercises
- Explore technical possibilities collaboratively with motivated, world class colleagues
- Deliver practical solutions to complex problems
- M.S. in computer science or relevant discipline
- Active TS security clearance
- Prior experience in research and implementation of artificial intelligence autonomy and planning techniques.
- Experience with building autonomous agents that interact with real-world environments.
- Strong programming skills and experience.
- Prior experience in search algorithm implementation.
- Prior experience in planning algorithms.
- Prior experience in game theory.
- Knowledge of computer networking.
- Familiarity with Gitlab / Atlassian tool suite and other CI/CD tools
Nice To Have
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or relevant discipline
- Published material on relevant topic areas
- Experience leading a previous team (of any size)
- Experience in modeling and simulation development
- Experience with autonomous platforms
Cynnovative is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Cynnovative recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
Please send resumes and inquiries to [email protected] with the position title in the subject line.