At Cynnovative, we leverage machine learning, computer science, and software engineering to address high-impact problems in the cyber domain, specifically those which are critical to U.S. national security. We primarily extend fundamental research to invent, design, develop, and deploy prototype solutions that support persistent problems in this domain.
Data scientists at Cynnovative play a key role in our integrated, multi-disciplinary teams, providing statistical, methodological, and analytical support as well as machine learning expertise. As a data scientist, you will apply methods ranging from basic statistics to state-of-the art machine learning techniques to cutting-edge research to protect people, networks, and devices from cyber threats. While Cynnovative’s research is broadly defined, you can anticipate frequent opportunities to gain domain expertise in a cyber-related field during the course of normal duties.
This is a research and development role. The ideal candidate is experienced with reading, understanding, and leveraging academic research across multiple domains in order to generate novel concepts and prototypes. Because Cynnovative interfaces with operational users and aspires to create practical solutions, the ideal candidate is similarly comfortable developing and deploying prototypes while addressing the practical issues inherent in operational scenarios, such as sparse or messy data. As a growing company, Cynnovative offers many leadership opportunities, including as principal investigators of future projects.
- Implement supervised, unsupervised, and anomaly detection algorithms
- Implement natural language processing, information extraction algorithms
- Implement agent-based planning and reasoning techniques, including reinforcement learning
- Implement graph-theoretic algorithms and machine learning models for graphs
- Propose and prototype other analytical techniques relevant to current research.
- Collaborate on composing research papers, white papers, proposals, and presentations to customers supporting ongoing business development
- Collaborate to harden and transition prototypes for production environments
- Brief external stakeholders on proposed and ongoing research efforts
- B.S. in a quantitative field (M.S. or Ph.D. preferred for senior positions. Fields such as computer science, artificial intelligence, or mathematics preferred.)
- Proficiency in Python and familiarity with data science packages such as Numpy, Scikit-learn, Pandas, and Pytorch (or Tensorflow). An ideal candidate also has experience in another language such as Java or C++
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to attain and maintain TS/SCI security clearance
Please note that per Executive Order 14042, a requirement of this position is that employees are fully vaccinated or have an approved accommodation on file. If you are applying to this position, you attest that you are 1. Fully vaccinated; 2. Intend to be vaccinated 60 days after accepting the position; or 3. Will apply for a medical or religious accommodation that must be approved prior to the start of the position. If you are not approved for an accommodation, the employee must then state their intent to be vaccinated in 60 days or the offer will be rescinded.
Nice To Have
- Experience with deep learning frameworks (PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras, etc.)
- Experience with distributed computing (Hadoop, Spark, etc.)
- Experience productionizing data science workflows (Docker, Flask, SQL, Gvisor etc.)
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of machine learning concepts
- Familiarity with Cybersecurity data, tools, and techniques
- Previous experience in a research and development environment
- Previous experience working with U.S. federal and public sector clients
Cynnovative is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Cynnovative recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
Please send resumes and inquiries to [email protected] with the position title in the subject line.