At Cynnovative, we leverage machine learning, computer science, and software engineering to address high-impact problems in the cyber domain, specifically those which are critical to U.S. national security. We primarily extend fundamental research to invent, design, develop, and deploy prototype solutions that support persistent problems in this domain.
Software engineers at Cynnovative play a key role in our integrated, multi-disciplinary teams. As a software engineer, you will design, build, test, and implement software components to understand and protect people, networks, and devices from cyber threats. You will analyze and build systems that use large data sets while working closely with subject matter experts and end users for deployment in operational environments.
This is a research and development role. The ideal candidate is experienced with the state-of-the-art and is expected to exceed it with their colleagues. Because Cynnovative interfaces with operational users and aspires to create practical solutions, the ideal candidate is similarly comfortable with developing and deploying prototypes while addressing the practical issues inherent in operational scenarios, such as complex data encapsulation, interoperability paradigms, specific processor architecture support, or bespoke deployment environments. As a growing company, Cynnovative offers many leadership opportunities, including as principal investigators of future projects.
- Work closely with data scientists to write and test code that implements machine learning and deep learning models in both R&D and operational environments
- Design, build, test, and implementation of software products throughout the software development life cycle
- Perform requirements analysis, system architecture design, code quality reviews, and configuration management controls
- Implement processes, procedures, and standards to improve reliability and maintainability of code bases
- Collaborate to harden and transition prototypes for production environments
- Collaborate on composing research papers, white papers, proposals, and presentations to customers supporting ongoing business development
- Brief external stakeholders on proposed and ongoing research efforts
- B.S. in computer science or similar field (M.S. or Ph.D. preferred for senior positions)
- Experience in building scalable systems
- Experience with relational databases and document stores
- Experience with containerized environments (Docker, Gvisor, etc.)
- Strong proficiency in object-oriented programming languages (Java or Python)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a remote team
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to attain and maintain TS/SCI security clearance
Please note that per Executive Order 14042, a requirement of this position is that employees are fully vaccinated or have an approved accommodation on file. If you are applying to this position, you attest that you are 1. Fully vaccinated; 2. Intend to be vaccinated 60 days after accepting the position; or 3. Will apply for a medical or religious accommodation that must be approved prior to the start of the position. If you are not approved for an accommodation, the employee must then state their intent to be vaccinated in 60 days or the offer will be rescinded.
Nice To Have
- Experience with C, C++ or any other procedural programming language
- Experience leveraging cloud services, specifically Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of machine learning concepts
- Familiarity with Distributed computing (Kubernetes, Hadoop, Spark, etc.)
- Familiarity with cyber-related data, tools, and techniques
- Previous experience in a research and development environment
- Previous experience working with U.S. federal and public sector clients
Cynnovative is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Cynnovative recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
Please send resumes and inquiries to [email protected] with the position title in the subject line.